Monday, March 7, 2011

New day, and making week long menus...

I have been consistently planning and tracking my workouts since November 2010.  I have been tracking my meals since then.  I really want to begin pre-planning my menus.  I feel like if I start out a week at a time in the beginning, it won't be SO daunting.

Anywho, Here's what's cooking today:

Monday 3/7/2011

Breakfast
1 Slice Nature's Own Bread~toasted
1 egg white
.5 oz 2% Shredded Mexican Cheese Blend
2 glasses o'water
1 warm mug of green tea
My breakfast =3 Points Plus Values

Lunch
1/2 cup ~ My Crunchy Tuna Salad(recipe and picture to follow)
1/2 cup spinach leaves
6 roma tomato slices
1/4 fresh bean sprouts
2 glasses of water
1/2 cup fresh grapes

Crunchy Tuna Salad Recipe:
1 can tuna packed in water (5 oz) drained
2 small/med stalks of celery, bias cut
1 T Light Miracle Whip OR Light Mayonaise
1 tsp spicy brown mustard
Mix ingredients together well and serve.  Serves 2

Lunch = 2 Points Plus Values

Dinner
Yesterday it was chilly outside, so I made up a LARGE batch of my Turkey Chili.
Tonight is baseball practice, so we'll be eating it for dinner.
1 cup  ~ My Turkey Chili**
.5 oz 2% Shredded Mexican Cheese Blend
1 T Fat free sour cream
1 T Chili Lime Hot Sauce

 Dinner will = 6 Points Plus Values

Snacks
One small apple
One small banana
Snacks will = 0 Points Plus Values

Yes that does only add up to 11 Points Plus Values, but it allows for a little wiggle room.  I might have a mug of hot cocoa tonight, or I might add some tortilla strips to my chili.

I know, I know...I am an ANIMAL.  =)

No comments:

Post a Comment